Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Fat bottom girls"

Since we have been writing a lot of articles about politics I thought I would change it up a bit and talk about just general life problems.

     The one thing that always seems to bother me is the way people address weight. Even though a lot of people say that I am thin the whole issue of weight has always bothered me. So I decided to write a little something about this. I have a couple of friends who have struggled with weight issues and are more curvy and some have a bit of a bigger body. And lately I have noticed that whenever I'm on Facebook, articles or pictures will be put up about weight. Usually they will say that men prefer curvier women or that they can get any man. Or that they are just plain better then the skinnier women. That they are more healthy and well whatnot. As I read these things I just get so annoyed and mad and frankly end up crying for the reason that I myself have struggled with weight issues.
      Throughout my whole childhood and teen years I struggled with weight. I was very skinny, tall and bony girl. I used to dread gym for the fact that you would be weighed in front of your class. Then my parents would get a letter informing them of my underweight and that they should look into the matter. I used to wish that someday I would grow into my body and grow a good set of breasts. Now that I am 23 and still the same. I have more hips a bit of a tummy but still small breasts. Even though I have always had image issues I have slowly grown to love my body. Even though in the back of my head I still say bad things and get mad at the store when I cant find certain items I like. I suck it up and don't whine. I try and make the best of it. So if anyone who has weight problem if its chubby or skinny don't take it out on the opposite or say your better because well no one is we are all good and pretty no matter what size.

No comments:

Post a Comment